Fat bike update 3. (Getting shit done.)

Finally getting somewhere on the Mukluk project. The rims that i got from On-one wasn’t drilled. But inspired by this youtube clip i decided to give it a shot. I save about 300 grams a rim and it looks way more cooler. I got the tip to use a step drill instead of a hole drill. (30 mm)

20130809-080651.jpg
It was actually easyer than i could imagne. The hardest thing was to centrate the holes. A few hours hard work and… Tadaa…

20130809-082309.jpg
I wanted lime green rim tape. The only way to get that was to make it my self. I used some waxed table cloth and put that under the original rim tape.

20130809-083712.jpg
Worked out pretty good.

20130809-083857.jpg
Then it was time to fit tyres and tubes.

20130809-084000.jpg

20130809-084109.jpg

And all of a sudden i got me a rolling chassi. Yeay!!

20130809-084235.jpg

Only drive train and breaks left. I’ll go for full 2×10 XT and BB7 breaks. The E-thirteen cranks is in place. I’ve also replaced the big ring with a Race Face bash guard.

20130809-084523.jpg

The next update will be the premiere ride. Probably around next weekend.

Can’t wait! 🙂

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s